The ultimate source of omega 3, 6 & 9 and the UK’s market leading nutritional oil blend. Udo’s Choice delivers a balanced 2:1:1 ratio of the essential fatty acids (EFAs) omega 3 and 6, and the beneficial fatty acid omega 9. It is a unique blend of certified organic flax, sunflower and sesame oils, with unrefined oils from the germs of rice and oats, evening primrose oil and non GM lecithin.
What makes Udo’s Choice the UK’s Leading Certified Organic Nutritional Oil Blend?
* Delivers a reliable source of the Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids that are essential to life – Udos Choice is a natural source of undamaged EFAs.
* Formulated in a 2:1:1 ratio of Omega 3: Omega 6: Omega 9 a combination most therapeutic for the Omega 3-deficient, Omega 6-rich diets, as well as ‘low’ and ‘no’ fat diets common today.
* Rich in lecithin
* Contains Vitamin E – this potent antioxidant is added to increase freshness
* A vegan/vegetarian source of EFAs
* Maximum freshness, stability and nutritional value – pressed at a temperature of less than 120F (50C) in the absence of light and oxygen. It is bottled in nitrogen-flushed amber glass bottles and packaged in a box to further eliminate the effects of light and oxygen.
* Stored in the fridge or freezer – to protect the nutritional value of the oil, which will become damaged by heat, light and oxygen.
What are Essential Fats?
Scientists have given essential fats their name because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesise them from any other substance we eat so a direct food source is required. Hence the name essential.
There are many kinds of fats but only two kinds of essential fats, omega 3 and omega 6, both of which are unsaturated fats. Each EFA is turned into several derivatives by the body, provided enough undamaged omega 3 and omega 6 is supplied in the right ratio. All other fats, such as omega 9 (monounsaturated), omega 7 and saturated fat are non-essential as the body can produce them from sugars and starches.
We need more of each essential fatty acid every day than any other essential nutrient. They are major nutrients that we use in tablespoon, not milligram, amounts.” Dr Udo Erasmus – the worlds leading expert on dietary fats.
Where do Essential Fats come from?
Omega 3 essential fatty acids come from flaxseeds and green leafy vegetables and Omega 6 essential fatty acids are found in seeds and nuts including sesame and sunflower seeds.